The following procedures are provided in our vein specialty center. The appropriate procedure will be determined by the individual patient’s vein disease presentation. Usually, a combination of procedures will be needed to adequately treat the patient.
The following procedures are provided in our vein clinic (using local anesthesia only):
- ClosureFast (also known as VNUS Closure and Venefit)- Endovenous radiofrequency ablation of saphenous veins and perforator veins.
- VenaSeal Closure- Newest minimally invasive closure of the saphenous vein using a medical adhesive.
- Phlebectomy- removal of bulging varicose veins using cosmetic minor incisions.
- Sclerotherapy- injection treatments for smaller varicose veins and spider veins.
The following procedures are provided in an outpatient surgery setting (using intravenous sedation or general anesthesia):
- High ligation and stripping of the saphenous vein- for those few patients whose disease is too advanced and/or superficial for saphenous vein ablation.
- Venography with angioplasty and stent placement- for deep veins with significant stenosis (narrowing) causing venous hypertension and leg swelling.
To schedule a consultation call us at 713-790-0000.